[TYPO3-dev] Cosmetics with localconf.php

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Apr 30 20:39:33 CEST 2010

Hey,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> to sum it up - i will come with a solution for 4.5, so we keep safe for
> 4.4 and have enough time to test all cases.

Yes! I'm definatly +1 for a better manageable incarnation of
localconf.php. Our localconf files are in project specific svn's, we
usually don't use the install tool at all to change settings (because
the file is so ugly then). And we are using server specific sub-files, too.

Here is a sum up of suggestions:
- Get rid of the comments
- Auto-cleanup within a marked part
- Group sub-sections (sys, be, fe, ..)
- Make extList / extList_FE better read- and changeable

Regards
Christian