[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Wed Apr 28 23:06:28 CEST 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Irene Höppner
Datum:       28.04.2010 20:00:

>> PLEASE tell me which customer is willing to wait for a roadmap for
>> "his" project if you tell him this "precise" date of delivery?
>
> Me.
>
> Because I know, that the product will be better, if it gets the time it
> needs. And I want to work with it for years once it's done. It's a
> question of return on investment: Having the priority on a deadline now
> means having a worse API to work with for a lot of years. No thanks.

Sorry Irene. I'm more realistic and NOT interested in writing any book ;-)
What I've learned so far is that there is no real good and new and
FUTURISTIC ;-) development without proof of concept. i.e. use for real
world applications! See if it works and develop or improve!

Some threads before there was a question about academic development.
There are a lot of patterns depending on the hat you wear. As I know
real world reality is always a compromise. IMHO this project it more a
challenge for some developers that these could be done in PHP than a
realistic requirement.  Who ever tested the concept either if there are
thousends of records to be searched or one record to be delivered to
thousenends of users?

Back to the academic approach: it's like mathematics.
pattern = axiomes
In mathemathics there are only 5.
Changing only ONE will give you a total different mathematic.

With several thousands daily users we just know what's the difference
between design and real world behaviour. And I would like to bet that
there a difference either 10000s of user requesting one record or 10000s
records are requested by one user!

To make it short: developing the PERFECT framework without ANY proof is
like searching for a perfect MAN and checking only candidates available
for ONS because they meet the design patterns ;-)

IMHO TYPO3 should concentrate on delevering an "enterprise level CMS"
than competing with Zend.

Peter

--
Fiat lux! Docendo discimus.