[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Tue Apr 27 17:19:36 CEST 2010

> Not wanting to dive into that discussion, but there also numerous tests
> shows that people are really creative
> under stress, not always a optimal solution (what is optimal anyways)
> but very creative.
>
> We can learn something from this aswell :
> http://www.ted.com/talks/tom_wujec_build_a_tower.html,
> specially from what the kids are doing...

Yes, right :-)
Kindergarden kids had better results then most of the adult groups (even
CEOs ;-)). They have no idea how long 18 minutes are. They probably didn't
take any care of this constraint -> no (time-)pressure for them, they just
play around with their ideas.
Once money is introduced (it's getting serious, not a game anymore,
pressure is real), not any of the groups gets a result (without former
training).

Well, that's not was this video intentionally was about, but it again
shows that pressure is something you should deal very carefully with.

The video is about how important prototyping and playing around with
things is to get good results. All I saw in the FLOW3 development is, that
that's exactly what they do. But working like that means, that you have to
break down the tower again and again to make it better the next time. And
ppl who just have a look at it every minute and then say: hey there is no
tower, you must be on the wrong way... well... :-)