[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Tue Apr 27 16:24:28 CEST 2010

> My customers. Really, I have seen (web) projects go on and on without
> any results in cases when the
> customer set no deadlines. OTOH, when everbody new the site had to be up
> and running for the next
> trade shown (etc) then things went smooth.

Yes, that's a known issue :-).

However, a little "but" though ;-):
- Maybe this experience is some kind of a spurious correlation. Maybe not
the missing deadline, but the missing (or wrong) goals besides the
time-goal caused the problem. It might be like in education. Teachers (and
parents) thought for generations that you have to beat children to get
them things done. Nearly all of them were pretty sure, that there is no
other way...
- This doesn't say something about productivity. Productivity compares the
output with the input. Did the developers produce less output without
deadlines or did they produce the wrong output? Or did they work on other
projects, because these had a deadline? Do you really know the answer to
this questions?