[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:08:46 CEST 2010

Hi!

Irene Höppner wrote:
> Isn't it funny, that ppl ask for a plan about something completly new in
> that early state? Everybody who just thinks a little bit (not "wishes"
> but "thinks" - in the meaning of cogitation) would have known how
> senseless this question was at that time.

Irene, v5 team told at t3dd06 that they expect to get v5 out in one year :)
You were not there I guess.

The question is always valid. When M$ says about Windows Vista, they say
WHEN they plan it. When Apple says about iPad, they tell WHEN it will be
out. Nothing goes without time estimates. You simply can't tell "We will
have a new shiny gadget". Everybody will ask "When?".

My post with that quote was romantic and nostalgic, it was not against
FLOW3 in any way. What bothers me is that you completely refuse to
understand that time limits always exist. Don't you tell your clients when
you finish projects? How do you work without having any time constraints?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member