[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Apr 26 15:39:38 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> Robert Lemke wrote:
>> Dmitry, you propose that we should set a deadline, 1 year from now and
>> until then TYPO3 5.0 should be released. That doesn't make sense at all.
>> What's your definition for TYPO3 5.0 being done? What's the feature set?
>> Setting a deadline for something 1 year ahead is pure speculation and
>> against all rules of agile development.

I have only read the DDD book where Evans writes (as i read it) that DDD is a variant of agile
development. He never claims that there are no deadlines. Of course there are. Typically the
customer wants to see results at a given time. But I'm no expert of agile development.

> "Rules of agile development" in this case is scientific/fashion buzz.
> Parkinson's law says: "The work takes all time allocated to it". If you
> have no deadline, your work lasts forever. That's the law, which works
> universally.

I have observed this even for paid projects. When the customer sets himself no deadline a project
may linger on forever. While great to have a steady income coming from an ever changing project, but
never seeing the thing actually work is not satisfying.

Masi