[TYPO3-dev] Caring for t3lib_utility_Client

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Apr 26 10:50:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

> i started with a new reg expression. get_browser relies on the
> browsecap.ini which isn't good for all configurations, but i got a much
> better result which returns the correct browser.
> I will come with a patch soon.

Good, but that's not the only issue. We need to consider
backwards-compatibility too. It may be silly that t3lib_utility_Client
returns "netscape" for Safari and Chrome, but this is then used in TS
conditions. So if someone relied on something like:

[browser = netscape]

we must make sure that this remains unchanged. I was thinking that the
"browser" property returned by t3lib_utility_Client remains unchanged
and we add other return values, something like "browser_type" or whatever.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter