[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 heresy: what about "selling" pro extensions?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 25 16:55:05 CEST 2010

Jochen Rau wrote:
> That's definitely true. "Cool" isn't good vocabulary to promote an
> enterprise level CMS (ahrg, he said this "enterprise level" buzz word
> again ;-) ). Neither should it be used (too often) in "official"
> presentations nor should it appear on typo3.com.

+1
If someone fixed an age old bug for example, you can respond with "cool"
(as in 'excellent'). But if used in the meaning of 'hip', 'fashionable'
we should probably rethink the the thing that was so "cool" :-)

TYPO3 probably wants to be reliable, stable, feature rich (buzzword?),
etc., but certainly not hip or fashionable.

> I meant it the other way around: If a new paradigm (ouch, he said this
> buzz word "new paradigm" again ;-) ) is attributed to be "cool" it does
> not necessarily have to be "bad/unusable/form outer space". So, it was
> just a handy hint for a (virtual) newcomer.

Maybe it's better to use words that many people understand. Paradigm,
you mean pattern? Or a theoretical framework?

The problem with buzzwords is that the words are being used in
situations where they are not appropriate and after some time they lost
their meaning.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert