[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 heresy: what about "selling" pro extensions?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 24 23:27:16 CEST 2010

Steffen Müller wrote:
> On 24.04.2010 18:52 Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> it. And the rule "my code is my documentation" should not apply to
>>  today's projects.
>
> good to read "should" in this sentence.

Oh please, don't try to nail me down on a single word.
If it's better, read it as: "And the lame excuse 'my code is my
documentation' simply cannot apply anymore to today's projects"

> In practice, the code is often the only documentation you get.

That's bad practice. Even for a simple extension you can spend the time
to write some simple documentation. It'll save you a lot of time later
when you don't have to explain it to anybody else or when you don't
remember all the extra TS settings you added to your extension.

> Especially in web development. Quick and dirty. That's reality. So I
> am happy about every clean line of code.

We're talking about something that's being developed for 3-4 years now.
It may be dirty (I sure hope it isn't), but quick? ;-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl