[TYPO3-dev] how to send request with post method

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 24 18:32:32 CEST 2010

Desh Naik wrote:
> hi can anyone tell me how to send request with post method while
> redirecting from xxxAction to yyyAction or is their any other way to
> send post request from xxxAction  to yyyAction ( without using "form" to
> send post request)

I think you want to redirect the visitor to a different URL, while
sending POST data along.

This is not directly possible because redirect is often done with a
Location: header; which is a *response* sent back to the browser.
Sending data via POST is something which is normally done by the
browser; it is a *request* sent to the server.

At the website [1] you can read a discussion about this. Even though
they use Java in that discussion the information about requests,

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/46582/response-redirect-with-post-instead-of-get

--
Jigal van Hemert