[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 heresy: what about "selling" pro extensions?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Apr 23 23:54:31 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 23.04.2010 12:00 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> I am asking because I believe you have some reasons behind your ideas. It
> looks like it bothers you that some people do not want to use FLOW3 or
> think it is a step forward. What makes you think opposite? Do you have some
> arguments for using FLOW3 and saying it is a progress? Please, share. But I
> really would like reasons, not empty words that "it is future" or "it is
> developed in the community". Years of programming made me highly practical
> person and these empty words do not play for me.
>
> I have reasons "against" FLOW3. Do you have reasons "for"?

If you comapre FLOW3 with existing TYPO3 code: The new code is much more
easier to read and understand than v4. (think of TCEmain)
Using pattern also helps to understand ideas behind code without the
need to read it completely. Of course using pattern for the sake of
using pattern is not good. But used if they make sense, they help
learning a system faster.

--
cheers,
Steffen