[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Apr 23 19:35:35 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 23.04.2010 11:23 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> No. If you make it slow from the beginning, you can't improve it later,
> believe me. You need to rewrite it completely with performance in mind to
> make it fast. We already went through this with v4.

That reminds me to the famous "premature optimization is the root of all
evil" statement by Donald Knuth/ C. A. R. Hoare.

Knuth argues, that premature performance considerations are dangerous
because they might lead to unclean design or complicated code. That
would raise the possibility of incorrect code.

But in practice keeping performance in mind could also be the right
choice. I think the balance is important. It's always a tradeoff between
being lightning fast and rich-featured. Ever seen a cruise liner pass a
speedboat?

--
cheers,
Steffen