[TYPO3-dev] Scheduler and Saving Task State

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Apr 23 00:46:47 CEST 2010

I've just started using the scheduler in 4.3 for the first time and
overall its been a very pleasant experience.  There is one area where
I'm getting stuck, however.

In my task, I need to track a couple small variables that may change
from one run to the next (ie. the last time an update was actually
pulled from a remote server with changed data). I expected these would
be saved when the task was serialized and available again on the next
run, but instead I always have the default values.

This appears to be due to tx_scheduler->executeTask() which runs
$task->save() prior to $task->execute. Is this the intended behavior? If
so, I guess the best option is to just write my data somewhere else for
saving rather than expecting my task to be persistent.

Any advice from Francois or others?

Thanks!
jeff