[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Apr 22 17:38:24 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 22.04.10 14:31, Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} wrote:
> Guys,
>
>> you have already been posting that request to MVC list. It's more easier
>> to keep track of that issue when it is discussed in one thread/list.
>
> yes you are right Steffen, but ...
>
>> Please stick to the rules. Thanks.
>

> I think it is a totally normal reaction for a new player to ask in a
> different list if I get no answer in the "right" list, a "stick to the
> rules" helps no one. Provide an answer at least in one of the lists and
> point to it instead of pointing to the rules and leaving the problem
> unsolved.

You are right, Chris. But Steffens reply was neither wrong nor unfriendly.

> The other point is that this thread shows how fatal our communication
> of the on going development to the outside world has become in the last
> years. Yes there is a development of version 5, the code is cool stuff
> and a dream form the software architects point of view. No questioning
> that. But let us please be honest ... Flow has some huge performance
> flaws that have to be managed before we can call it a release to work with.

Bert was asking for a solution for his problem with Extbase/the
BlogExample. We will try to help him on the already ongoing thread om
the Extbase mailing list.

> It is still alpha, and from my point current of view (please proof me
> wrong) it will not be a competitor for the other frameworks out there
> for at least two years, perhaps longer. Lately I saw performance tests
> where it was over 60 times slower then Zend or Symfony. And no hardware
> is not the answer to that problem.

Did you give the latest alpha of FLOW3 a try?

> But let me come to ExtBase and Fluid, both are backports from Flow witch
> is still under development, so they are as well. Here as well
> the concept is nice, at least from the developer point of view, but
> neither nor should be used for production at the moment because the core
> parts may change dramaticly because of changes at Flow.

Every software is "under development". A software that isn't constantly
refactored, improved and fixed is dead in a couple of months (apart from
the Voyager controller software, I think).

Did you follow the development of Extbase? Surely, some things have
changed but the API is stable since Extbase 1.0.0. Extbase 1.2.0 will
run under 4.3.x as well. Those parts of FLOW3 which have been backported
to Extbase are stable. And there is a good communication between the
both teams. So, what exactly are you afraid of?

> Point is, please let us start to communicate resonable, and start to
> learn from previous faults in communication. It is not "Extbase & Fluid
> are the future you should use them now to keep your extensions ready for
> Flow", it is "Extbase & Fluid will be the next gerneration of Ext
> Development, keep an eye on the development, but we are still at
> development at it is not stable and not recommended for use in
> production". We allready made this faults with workspaces, irre, dam,
> and tv in the last years. Each was communicated as the big new feature
> witch will work perfectly fine. None of them did right away although the
> basic concepts all where cool stuff.

Nobody, at least me, claimed Extbase to be perfect from the beginning. I
allways pointed out that Extbase is not meant to be a successor of
pi_base. You have freedom of choice here.

BTW There are several Projects based on Extbase and Fluid out in the
wild now. Maybe you cant see any difference in the Frontend ;-)

Regards
Jochen