[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Thu Apr 22 14:31:50 CEST 2010

Guys,

> you have already been posting that request to MVC list. It's more easier
> to keep track of that issue when it is discussed in one thread/list.

yes you are right Steffen, but ...

> Please stick to the rules. Thanks.

I think it is a totally normal reaction for a new player to ask in a
different list if I get no answer in the "right" list, a "stick to the
rules" helps no one. Provide an answer at least in one of the lists and
point to it instead of pointing to the rules and leaving the problem
unsolved.

The other point is that this thread shows how fatal our communication
of the on going development to the outside world has become in the last
years. Yes there is a development of version 5, the code is cool stuff
and a dream form the software architects point of view. No questioning
that. But let us please be honest ... Flow has some huge performance
flaws that have to be managed before we can call it a release to work with.

It is still alpha, and from my point current of view (please proof me
wrong) it will not be a competitor for the other frameworks out there
for at least two years, perhaps longer. Lately I saw performance tests
where it was over 60 times slower then Zend or Symfony. And no hardware
is not the answer to that problem.

But let me come to ExtBase and Fluid, both are backports from Flow witch
is still under development, so they are as well. Here as well
the concept is nice, at least from the developer point of view, but
neither nor should be used for production at the moment because the core
parts may change dramaticly because of changes at Flow.

The other side of the Story here as well is performance, and handling
for non BE - Devs, ever tried to explain the pure html css guy what
namespaces and iterations are ? Fluid is a nice and cool templating and
from the devs point of view I love it, but I love my strict seperation
of logic and view even more, with fluid we start mixing that again.
Least because the templates have to be parsed with regex completly for
tags, viewhelpers and other stuff like ns declarations, for pages that
can not be cached for any reason you will be f.... .

Point is, please let us start to communicate resonable, and start to
learn from previous faults in communication. It is not "Extbase & Fluid
are the future you should use them now to keep your extensions ready for
Flow", it is "Extbase & Fluid will be the next gerneration of Ext
Development, keep an eye on the development, but we are still at
development at it is not stable and not recommended for use in
production". We allready made this faults with workspaces, irre, dam,
and tv in the last years. Each was communicated as the big new feature
witch will work perfectly fine. None of them did right away although the
basic concepts all where cool stuff.

Btw. to the core devs, thanks guys for the great work, I really do
appreciate the time and energy all of you contributed.

cheers

chris