[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Christopher Lörken lists at bytro.com
Sun Apr 18 22:39:14 CEST 2010

Am 02.03.2010 11:55, schrieb Bernhard Kraft:

> I do not know how I should prove it - but the bottleneck are the
> serialize/unserialize calls - so the CPU to call it.
>

> greets,
> Bernhard

What helped me to identify such things is xhprof:
http://pecl.php.net/package/xhprof

A linux based profiler developed by the guys at facebook. It can list
the complete time spend in a function incl. it's child functions or in
the function alone. For looking how many ms the code spends in
serialize/unserialize it is perfect.
For instance I found that simply including PEAR's SOAP/Client.php takes
50ms alone in define() statements...

I think it runs on Mac too...

Cheers,
Christopher