[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #14003: "Check for extension updates" does not always find latest version

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Apr 16 10:45:53 CEST 2010

Am 05.04.2010, 18:48 Uhr, schrieb Jeff Segars <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu>:

> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14003
>
> Problem:
> The "Check for extension updates" in the Extension Manager does not
> always find the latest version due to a bad expectation of the sort
> order.
>
> In SC_mod_tools_em_index->showExtensionsToUpdate() we get a list of
> versions for a particular extension and the latest version is assumed to
> be the last entry in the versions array. This array is not necessarily
> sorted by version number however
>
> Solution:
> A simple natsort() will make sure that the versions array is sorted
> properly and that the latest version is at the end.

Hey,

this problem also exists in the Extension import when viewing the details
of an extension, doesn't it?
It happens at the moment for tinymce_rte.

Go to "Import Extensions"
Enter "tinymce_rte"
Click on the title "TinyMCE RTE"
It offers you 0.0.10 as newest version - although 0.5.1 is the most recent.

You also come to this page when using the "Check for updates" submodule,
while having an older version installed.

Steffen