[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 heresy: what about "selling" pro extensions?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:21:32 CEST 2010

Hi!

Andreas Otto wrote:
> I personally think this is the wrong approach and would not help TYPO3
> to spread.

Good functionality through extensions will allow TYPO3 to spread. But what would motivate developers to create really good extensions?

For example, I am not motivated to create RealURL v2, which is faster, cleaner, less buggy, comes with a good GUI, etc. It will take tons of time but give me nothing in return. So I am not making it. I am not naive anymore. Good work requires a good payment. That's the most motivating factor in my opinion.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member