[TYPO3-dev] FE plugin development - using sysfolders

Boros Attila attila at thebat.net
Sat Apr 10 23:40:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

Saturday, April 10, 2010, 11:45:23 PM, you wrote:

>>> +Italy           <- SysFolder
>>>  +Tuscany        <- SysFolder (a subfolder of Italy)
>>>   +Toscana       <- SysFolder (a subfolder of Tuscany)
>>>    -Hotel A      <- Normal page inside the Toscana SysFolder
>>>
>>> Is it possible to read the tree structure from a plugin? How? Would
>>> this be a good design or an abuse of SysFolders?
>>
>> Well - IMHO this is a reasonable way to solve this task - but I would
>> use real pages instead of Sysfolders, since they will make a perfect
>> navigation to find the hotels later on.

> BTW: This is why I wouldn't use a plugin at all but a simple HMENU to read
> the structure ;-)

Thanks for your answer. I don't actually need a menu, but 4 html
selects: country, region, city, hotel. The region select is populated
depending on what country is selected, the city select is populated
depending on region, etc.

With HMENU I get the whole tree structure, and various parts of it are
hidden using CSS and/or javascript to make a popup menu. Well
theoretically I could use HMENU to output the full structure in a
javascript variable and build the selects with DOM scripting. But can
HMENU output the page id? I would like to have the options in the last
select (the one for hotels) like this:

       <option value="page_id">Hotel Name</option>

so I could jump directly to that page. I have checked the HMENU
reference at http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.3.1/view/1/7/#id2519461
but I can't figure out how to write the page id into the html
source...

Best regards,
Attila