[TYPO3-dev] Where can I find ext viewhelpertest?

Andreas Kießling andreas.kiessling at web.de
Thu Apr 1 21:07:53 CEST 2010

Hi Stephen,

Am 01.04.10 20:14, schrieb Stephen Bungert:
> Hello TYPO3 devs,
>
> I started writing an extension. It's going to be quite big, and is
> taking a long time as I do in my free time. I want thinking of stopping
> development of the extension (a pi base extension) and try re-writing
> what I have done already using extbase and fluid,
>
> I found the quickstart pdf: "get blog_example running and try your own
> first"
>
> I have fluid, extbase and blog example installed and want to get
> viewhelpertest. I looked in the ter, it shows no results, sometimes this
> happens even with extensions that certainly do exist, so I wanted to ask
> if the ter is actually the correct place to find this extension.

I don't know about viewhelpertest, but some hints:

there's a dedicated newsgroup for all extbase/fluid related questions:
typo3.projects.typo3v4mvc

You can find some extbase extensions at forge.typo3.org, where you can
access them via svn. There is indeed a project there called
viewhelpertest, but it's empty.

Some extensions that might help you getting started:
- ballroom_dancing
- sjr_offers
- mvc_extjs
- mvc_extjs_samples
- yag
- extbase_kickstarter (there's even a seperate newsgroup for the
kickstarter: typo3.projects.extbase-kickstarter )

> Is there any recommended version of TYPO3 I should be using to do this?
> I'm using 4.3.1 at the moment at home for development.

Be sure to check out svn versions of extbase and fluid, as there have
been some big improvements since the release of 4.3. Though, this might
break some of the extensions above.

> Any other links about extbase/fluid templating that anyone can give me?
>  From looking at the sample extensions I found in the ter, the
> development process looks very different, and quite complicated.
>
> Stephen.

Regards,
Andreas