[TYPO3-dev] auth service extension - user seemes to be logged in but no fe_user user data in object

Sonja Scholz ss at cabag.ch
Thu Apr 1 15:12:34 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm developing my first FE auth service extension at the moment with
functions getUser() and authUser(). These functions are working so far.

When I log into FE with felogin extension I get a fe_user cookie and the
extension shows that I'm logged in, but with the following print

print_r($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user);

I receive only a tslib_feUserAuth Object with dummy data and the user
and groupData subarrays are empty.

As soon as I unload my auth service extension it works and the object is
filled out fine.

In my authUser() function i return 200 on success and 100 on fail, like
the other auth service extensions do.

In my getUser() function i return the $user array (received from
fetchUserRecord() function of sv_base class) on success and false on
fail, like the other auth service extensions do also.

Does anyone know what I need to do in my auth extension to create the
fe_user object properly?

Thanks for every answer

Kind regards,

Sonja