[TYPO3-dev] Symmetric encryption library for t3lib

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Oct 31 16:11:19 CET 2009

Marcus Krause schrieb:

> Core does not use mcrypt. The issue in question was using "some kind of
> encryption".
>
> If you think ahead, with an additional asymmetric library we could
> extract according code from sysext:rsa and make it available to everyone.

I guess on one or the other way, future extensions and the core will use encryption
in more places (may it be symmetric or asymmetric).

So I'll welcome the idea of adding crypto-wrappers around mcrypt, but it should be
able to extend, hook into this t3lib, so mcrypt could get replaced by other crypto
libs.

AFAIK there is already some work in progress to transfer BE-login password, etc.
over the web using an asymmetrich encryption, accomplished by JS on the client side
and PHP (mcrypt) on the server side.

greets,
Bernhard