[TYPO3-dev] 4.3 PageIncludes

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:55:27 CET 2009

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> I think it's still better to split CSS and JS, as it's
> imho more flexible to extend/modify/read used inside
> frontend extensions or plugins. And I guess the usage
> needs it. For example I want to delete all JS files -
> for thce print view:
>     page.references.scripts >
>
> Otherwise I would need to KILL all files seperatly:
>     page.references.library >
>     page.references.base >

Good point. I have an idea regading this - I don't know if it's clever.

Do not force the wbemaster to group the scripts by type but give him
the oppurtunity.

E.g. you can write:

# Ungrouped
page.references{

   reset = fileadmin/css/reset.css
   base = fileadmin/css/base.css
   newsstyles = fileadmin/css/news.css
   newsjs = fileadmin/js/newsfunctions.js
   jquery = fileadmin/js/jquery.js

}

page.references >
# Grouped by type
page.references{

   styles{
     reset = fileadmin/css/reset.css
     base = fileadmin/css/base.css
     newsstyles = fileadmin/css/news.css
   }

   scripts{
     newsjs = fileadmin/js/newsfunctions.js
     jquery = fileadmin/js/jquery.js
   }

}

page.references >
# Grouped by subject
page.references{

   common{
     jquery = fileadmin/js/jquery.js
     reset = fileadmin/css/reset.css
     base = fileadmin/css/base.css
   }

   news{
     newsjs = fileadmin/js/newsfunctions.js
     newsstyles = fileadmin/css/news.css
   }

}

page.references >
# Grouped by subject and type
page.references{

   common{
     scripts{
       jquery = fileadmin/js/jquery.js
     }
     styles{
       reset = fileadmin/css/reset.css
       base = fileadmin/css/base.css
     }
   }

   news{
     scripts.newsjs = fileadmin/js/newsfunctions.js
     styles.newsstyles = fileadmin/css/news.css
   }

}

If a property has content (a file assigned) it is a reference.
If it has no content, but only subproperties it a reference group.
The names of the reference groups can be chosen arbitrarily.
Reference groups can be nested.

This way the setup for very basic websites with just a stylesheet
is short and intuitive, on the other hand you have the possbility
to structure and manage your references as you on more complex
websites.