[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Oct 29 23:16:43 CET 2009

> But normally the biggest part is never changed and could be a USER
> object. This is e.g. the single view of a product. Then there is only
> a small dynamic part which changes frequently and cannot be cached:
> e.g. the current amount of items in the basket for this FE user.
> If I switch the whole output into a USER_INT, then nothing would be
> cached at all. So a USER_INT could be a drawback in the case of a big
> HTML part which will never change. A USER_INT is always much slower
> than a USER object.

Switching with conditions is no good idea for huge plugins but just for
login forms and the like.

But this one might help you with tt_products:
http://www.sk-typo3.de/COA_INT-in-Extensions.190.0.html

Read this, and maybe use it at last, since this is the one we have been
talking about once upon a time in Cologne - remember?
The magic lies in the combination of XXX_INT objects and functions.
You can break down the caching to the smallest necessary element of a page
this way and it is tested and works!

So use the source, Luke ;-)

Cheers

Joey