[TYPO3-dev] EXT: categorization - proof of concept

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Thu Oct 29 10:37:00 CET 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schreef:>
> But also that efford seemed to have died, as Mad Brunns isn't (is he?)
> active anymore.
>
> See:
> http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-categories

That is be biggest problem, the existing effords have died in a none
functioning way. The feature list is quite extensive. I have a simple
concept that should work. This can be extended easely later on.

> So to me it seems that categorization in any form should be a core
> extension, and should provide an API that everyone can count on. Won't
> be there in 4.3 of course, but might be a nice (and simple, as we
> already have so many existing approaches..) new feature for 4.4.

This is more than true. Also look at Joeys reply on this.
My plan with this is to provide a generic tool that can do
categorization and leave all current extension the way they are. This is
in fact functioning in this proof-of-concept release.

DAM has a categorization tool that can browse the assets based on the
categories. That is why I used that categorization for records as well.
This makes it cover the most bases.

Greets, Rik