[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:12:52 CET 2009

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Yes, but if you have a part which changes after the USER has already
> been generated, then you cannot call the generation of the USER_INT
> again. Normally the page should be cached.

Correct. But my feature was only for the case I described, not for the case you describe :)

> But Masi has written, that in TYPO3 there will be internally a marker
> for each USER_INT object. Then the PHP code for the USER_INT should be
> called each time again, even it is embedded in a PHP code by a cached
> USER object. The USER php code will not be called again, but the final
> output will still be generated dynamically, when the internal markers of
> all USER_INTs get replaced by their latest dynamic contents.

It still has consequences. Firsts, TYPO3 will have to decode that marker, then load all necessary files and finally execute it. Not the fasted way. In addition you loose cache headers.

You can do better with conditions. Some of my extensions use it. If the form is submitted, TS condition makes USER_INT instead of USER. I always use "typo3_user_int" as a form field that I check in conditions.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd