[TYPO3-dev] 4.3 PageIncludes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 28 19:18:28 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> as there are many new properties for page includes in 4.3, and i'm often
> out of memory, i did a sheet with the properties for print out.
>
> I like to share with you if you like.

Its very nice, thanks for sharing! Looking through it made me wonder
about some of the (new) stuff and so I looked it up in the pending
documentation page [1] (search for 11397).

Nice new features Steffen, thanks again for that!

Some things were unclear to me, so I figure out it will also be unclear
to other people too. So Steffen, could you please elaborate a more about
these things in the pending docu page? Tt would be very much appreciated:

First about:

- includeJS (we always had that)
- includeJSlibs
- includeJSFooterlibs
- includeFooterJS

1) includeJSlibs (new) vs includeJS. What's the difference? In the
documentation they are described in the exact same manner. What's the
different of a "non-lib" with a "lib"?

2) why does one want to do a "config.moveJsFromHeaderToFooter"? The
documentation should explain a bit more when it makes sense and when not.

3) are includeFooterJS + includeJSFooterlibs affected by the new
"config.moveJsFromHeaderToFooter"? Will they come before or after the
"header js moved to the footer"?

4) new "footerData", maybe we could add the use-case of plugins that in
the past added themselves to "page.999" or something, which is then no
longer required. page.footerData.extKey < plugin.blabla is much nicer.

5) the "pageRenderTemplateFile" property is poorly described. What is
this template? How would an user know what the "pageRender class" is?
What does the "default template" do and when and why would one want to
adapt it?

And then some general questions about these new flags, as I
unfortunately haven't really followed that discussion:

a) why is the naming of the last too not consistent? One is JSFooter,
the other one is FooterJS (flipped around)

b) why do we need such a difference anyway? Couldn't "footer=1" be just
a flag for the regular includeJS?

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation