[TYPO3-dev] Rebuilding inline help with tsconfig_help [Was: [TYPO3-core] RFC: #12355: Remove WIN-check in tsconfig_help::rebuild]

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Oct 27 14:09:42 CET 2009

Hi,

> is it a good way to have all these extension installed? Instead, why not
> simply provide a file where you can update from with the prepared data?

It is certainly not ideal. However it is convenient to have when the
documentation is not up to date at the moment the Core is packaged for
release and you want to update it later. I hope to be able to update the
documentation in time for the 4.3 release, but it wasn't the case until
now. So it makes sense to be able to install the core docs as extensions
and update from them.

What would be better IMO is to avoid deleting the existing information
for core docs when it is not available as extension. This would probably
mean adding another field to the static_tsconfig_help table, to keep
track of where the data is coming from.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter