[TYPO3-dev] modifyable files inside of extensions

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Oct 21 12:10:09 CEST 2009

Hello developers,

it would be useful to have the possibility to edit files from extension
which will not be deleted if the extension is updated to a higher
version. At the moment someone must copy the file, e.g. an example
template or a configuration file, into the fileadmin folder. It would be
fine to be able to edit it directly in the extension, and not to have to
fear that this file will be deleted if the extension is updated.

Is there any folder (e.g. config) of the extension, where I can create
such a file? Or can I define files in order they will not be overwritten
by the EM at the next update of the extension?

Greetings,

Franz