[TYPO3-dev] Core list RFC: Feature #5613: Enable/integrate conditions in Page TSconfig

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 12:06:32 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

Thanks for getting back to me.

> However, it would be possible to introduce a behaviour that is only
> valid for backend disposal - therefore we have two new classes
> t3lib_matchCondition_frontend and t3lib_machtCondition_backend.
>
> Just a quick idea:
> [globalVar = PAGE:layout = 3]
> [globalVar = CURRENT:id = 13]
>
> Where CURRENT refers to a current scenario/setting/whatever that was
> used for a request. The PAGE object would ensure that the page record is
> loaded if an id is given...

These would be great to have! I look forward to using them. Obviously I
think they'll need to have some good documentation and examples in
TSconfig and list of what is available to access and use within the
conditions  (if there is something that I could do to help with this
please let me know).

> But there are more stuff we could think about.

I suspect so, as those were just two quick and common instances that
sprang to mind. For instance I suspect that being able to use userfunc
in conditions will be available (as it is for the front end) but it
would be a shame if it was not. And i also can't quite figure out how
one could make use of liT in these conditions but I'm sure there will
sooner or later be a case that it will be useful.

All in all I'm very excited about the ability to use conditions in
page/user TSconfig as I think it'll greatly enhance the ability to make
the BE much more flexible and I can foresee many instances that I will
make use of it to aid with usability for clients. Thanks for your (and
everyone else's) work on this.

> In general everyone is allowed to hand in patches to the core list and
> participate in voting or commenting a pending RFC. But IMO discussing
> this specific issue here in the dev list is better...

Thanks for the info - I kind of felt that the dev list might be a more
suitable place to ask.  Unfortunately I'm not a PHP guy so I very much
doubt that any patches or serious comments about the suitability of
patches will come form me on the core list any time soon ;-)

Tyler