[TYPO3-dev] Re: Core list RFC: Feature #5613: Enable/integrate conditions in Page TSconfig

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 15:22:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

In the pending 4.3 version of Typo3 we will be able to use conditions in
the page TSconfig. This is great news and I'm very happy to hear it.

But I have a question/concern based upon the positing in the core list
this morning. According to Oliver we wont be able to make use of
'[globalVar = TSFE:whatever]' in page TSconig, which makes sense as it's
not the front end. But does anyone know if there will be another method
to access some of these same values? It would be very handy to be able
to use a condition for a specific page ( [globalVar = TSFE:id=428] ) or
page layout ( [globalVar = TSFE:page|layout=3] )

It obviously doesn't have to be the same but it would be very helpful to
have the same functionality without having to write a custom .inc user
function to do these conditions?

Cheers
Tyler

p.s. I'm posting this here as I'm unsure if I should or am
allowed/supposed to post in the core list (so erring on the side of caution)