[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-typo3org] [Announcement] Mailinglists: Now online again, under a new address!

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Oct 19 11:21:02 CEST 2009

Dear users of the TYPO3 mailinglists and newsgroups,

after the 3 days maintenance period, we are happy to announce that the
mailinglist and newsgroup server is up and running again. It's now
running on new hardware and updated software. The new server is
generously provided by bitfarmers (http://www.bitfarmers.com/), thanks a
lot for that!

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our former
mailinglist and newsgroup hosting provider, Digital District
(http://www.digitaldistrict.de/), who provided us with fast and reliable
hosting over the past years! Not only did they host the mailinglists
since the beginning (back then still as Netfielders), they also
hosted typo3.com and news.typo3.org for a long period of time, which we
highly appreciate, so thanks a lot for that, too!

This server migration is one of a series of migrations we have done over
the past year in order to consolidate our large number of different
servers to a few standardized environments which are easier for us (the
server admin team) to handle and administer than the variety we had before.

Important note: The servers are now available under a new address:
nntp://lists.typo3.org/ for the newsserver. As mailinglist user, you
don't need to do anything to follow this change, but keep in mind to go
to lists.typo3.org when subscribing or unsubscribing from mailinglists.
As newsgroup user, you should re-subscribe to the newsgroups using the
new server address lists.typo3.org.

The old addresses, lists.netfielders.de and news.netfielders.de will
stay there for a limited timeframe only, so please change your newsgroup
subscriptions to the new address.

Best regards,
The server admin team (Sebastian, Michael and Ingmar)

Ps.: Please post replies only to the typo3.teams.typo3org list.