[TYPO3-dev] How to handle debug()

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Oct 15 22:44:32 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> debug has to be initialized that early to allow debug extensions to hook
> in, so config_default is a good place for.

I see no good reason to have a function in config_default.php. There are other ways to have it
available early. And the fact that it isn't scoped in a class or at least prefix (eg t3_debug)
doesn't make it more attractive to me. *

But the whole config_default.php stinks and should be refactored. There's too much code in ot that's
not configuration, let alone a default configuration.

Masi

* Actually I never use it. I usually make manually calls to t3lib_div::print_array as I am too lazy
to setup the devIP :)