[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-english] Closedown bugs.typo3.org

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Thu Oct 15 18:02:40 CEST 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
>> In my opinion, bugs.typo3.org should be ONLY for core related bugs
>> like the core itself and sysexts.
>> Any community extension should use Forge for this because this is what
>> Forge is for.
>
> bugs.typo3.org existed way before Forge. At the time it was convenient -
> for ext developers who wanted it - to share the TYPO3 bugtracker for
> their own extensions. It is entirely possible to close down the
> th_mailformplus subproject on bugs.typo3.org, but you would first have
> to make sure that all bugs on bugs.typo3.org related to th_mailformplus
> either exist on Forge too or can be closed.
>
> We can't force extension developers to move to Forge and - for some
> extensions - it is really difficult because there's such a history on
> bugs.typo3.org.
>
> And about being warned about new bugs, I miss that too, but found that
> there's a RSS feed for each project/subproject. You can subscribe to
> that, it's better than nothing.
>
> HTH

Hi Francois,

there is no subproject th_mailformplus. The bugs regarding
th_mailformplus are filed under "other extensions", so I would have to
subscribe to the RSS feed of the whole subproject and receive approx.
98.5% irrelevant infos :-)

Of course bugs.typo3.org existed way before Forge, I know. But it would
be nice to some kind of cleanup and move projects from bugs.typo3.org to
Forge. And I am aware of the fact, that this is no easy task, but the
authors of the extension could be contacted and asked (not forced) to do
that.
I am sure there are many subprojects on bugs.typo3.org which have a
bugtracker on Forge too, so it should be possible to manually move bugs
to Forge.

Cheers

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen,