[TYPO3-dev] sorting tt_content

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Oct 15 15:29:32 CEST 2009

> I want to move lots of content of a site from the right column
> (colPos=2) to the bottom of the normal column (colPos=0) via a
> database query or a script.
>
> Now I'm not sure how the sorting is done in the sorting column of
> tt_content. I want the new content to be always at the bottom.
>
> Can anyone give me a hint, please?

tt_content contains a field named sorting.
Default behaviour is: The higher the value the lower the position of this
element on the page.

So you have to fetch the highest sorting value available of the normal
column on that particular page.
Then you have to add this value to each sorting value of the items you are
going to move to make sure they
a) will appear below the "old normal" elements
b) will keep the sorting they already got in the right column.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de