[TYPO3-dev] Clearing the cache of a single instance of a page (single view) instead of the whole page

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 15 11:42:41 CEST 2009

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hu Rupert,
>
> thanks for the links.
>
> On 15.10.2009 08:20 Rupert Germann wrote:
>> have a look at the extensions
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ttnewscache/current/
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ttnewscache_clearlike/current/
>>

> I already tested it, but didn't like the approach to use SQL LIKE to
> search for ids in HTML.
>
>> also "COA_GO" might be helpful here
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/coago/current/
>>

> Thanks for this link to a very impressing extension.
> But unfortunately this does not answer my question. Although this
> extension would help to speed up building the page cache, cache items
> still get deleted unnecessarily.

This is still not an "answer", but some vision for the future:

in the new caching framework (starting with 4.3), tt_news could "tag"
his single views with certain key e.g. (tt_news:<uid>) and then hook
into the processdatamap of TCEmain to delete these cache entries when a
tt_news record is modified.

Without the caching framework, the "reg1" is the only way to somehow
identify cache entries. tt_news could store a 32-bit "hash" for its
single views and then also would be able to find them in the cache
afterwards.

Cheers,
Ernesto