[TYPO3-dev] Can't find the eval-funcs

Felix Oertel typo3 at foertel.com
Thu Oct 8 00:40:33 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I've got a database-field, type = input and eval = date. The value is
entered as date but stored as timestamp.

Is it right that the eval-function "date" converts the timestamp to a
readable date to be displayed in the input-field and back to a timestamp
to be stored in the database?

I want to change the date-format in the input-field from dd-mm-yyyy to
d.m.yy and I got the feeling that this eval-function would be a good
point to start with.

Where are this eval-functions located at? Any other ideas, how to change
the date-format in the input-fields?

Regards, Felix

PS: I got the normal date-output (e. g. list view) formated allready by
configuring localconf.php but somehow the date in the input-fields is
not affected.

PSS: Everytime I talk about input-fields in here I think of the
input-fields in a backend TCEform.