[TYPO3-dev] TCE in FE

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Oct 6 10:40:55 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> I used it only once for a project using TYPO3 3.5 and - sorry to say
> - I think it sucked. Just to name a few problems: it doesn't distinct
> between validating a field and making it a required field - just like
> TCA *grrrr* :( AFAIR you cannot update an upload field in a
> subsequent "edit view" of the form.

I do not really understand what problem you had with validate/require a
field. This always worked seemlessly for me.

But the thing about not being able to re-upload a file (editing the
file-field of an already existing record) also bothered me quite some
times. But I think I have found a quite good solution for this. I'll put
it on my todo list - probably I'll send a patch for this problem to the
core list.
(My solution just collects all "replaced" files in an array. And when
the script finishes and updates the record, those old unneeded files get
unlinked)

> Actually the shortcomings weren't so many. But it took me too many
> hoops to fix them. In the end the code was so messy (and entangled
> with features I needed only for the site) I had no chance to present
> my changes to the community. Though at this time there was no Core
> team. So I'd had to bugger Kasper himself.

This is also what my problem is/was until now. AFAIR I once posted a
patch request to the core list some years ago. But I think I just did
not take any further care.

greets,
Bernhard