[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_error_Exception

Andreas Kundoch kundoch at mehrwert.de
Fri Oct 2 20:02:41 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

first of all: Since the beta of 4.3 is out now we'll provide a
4.3-compatible version of phpMyAdmin soon.

> But I think EXT:phpmyadmin is a good example: It's broken (at least a
> bit) in 4.3.
>
> Users having phpmyadmin installed will not be able to use TYPO3 BE after
> update to 4.3, when they're running default settings.
>
> Many unhappy users is what I have in mind.. it's not clear, that the
> error is caused by 3rd party EXT and not by core itself.

We set proper constraints for pma, the official maxium supported TYPO3
version number is set to 4.2.99 on purpose since we can not seriously
support and test an extension with early alpha releases of TYPO3.

Every admin should check his extension list *before* installing a new
release (not patchlevel, but at least minor), that's why constraints
exist IMHO. Unfortunately the EM currently misses an easy to read list
of current constraints and can only check compatibility on installation
of extensions.

Andreas