[TYPO3-dev] Linking to Records with the Link Wizard

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:12:06 CEST 2009

At the moment it is not possible to link to a specific database record with the link wizard.

E.g. I in a tt_news article I want to link to another article inline (not with "related articles")
or I want a shortcut-page to link to a certain blog post.

To achieve this I have to use "External URL" and give the whole absolute URL to the single view of the record I want to display.

It would be great if i could choose the single view page of tt_news and then select a record and the URL would be build via typolink.

I propose the following:

Add a TSconfig property: allowedTablesForInternalLinks
In the TSconfig of my tt_news single page I write:
mod.SHARED.allowedTablesForIntenalLinks = tt_news

Then when I select this page in the Link wizard it could look like in the attached image.

What do you think?