[TYPO3-dev] scheduler script in TYPO3 4.3

Mon Nov 30 19:00:20 CET 2009

Hi there

I'm trying to setup and use the new scheduler in latest TYPO3 release and was
looking for the documentation for an admin how to setup the cronjob.
The question that came first to my mind was: What frequency should the main
cronjob have? I mean if my server cronjob is run just every hour, how can
TYPO3 execute task every 5mins? And more important will it notice that its not
possible and inform the user?

Second thing: The script to execute needs an argument "scheduler", which in my
opinion could give problems for a lot of users, because often the hosters cron
configuration does allow to set a path to script only without arguments. So it
might be better and more userfriendly if TYPO3 would come with a single script
that just handles the scheduling things. (I know that its actually easy to
create another script that calls cli_dispatch.phpsh scheduler, but thats not
optimal and i'm having problems on one of my servers to set it up)

Maybe I should create a bug report for this? What do you think?

Cyrill Helg