[TYPO3-dev] Ideas solving the bloated TER problem?

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Thu Nov 12 21:01:46 CET 2009

bernd wilke skrev:
>> Key extensions supported by the Association The Association should
>> support a specific key extension of each category (not necessarily with
>> money) which supports the most common features of that category. Then
>> decisionmaker with the money knows which ones are worth supporting.
>
> this is planned for years by pushing good extension with tagging them
> with a 'reviewed' status. Which is necessary if the association selects
> an extension to prefer. It means responsibility for the correctness of
> this extension.
> BUT: these reviews costs manpower / money.
> Support the association to get more reviews and you will get your
> supported extensions.

As far as I understand the reviews are only about security. Not about
that it's an extension that you can count on and that it's well planned
and backed up by resources and good management.
Anyhow, please tell me how I can filter the TER on typo3.org to only see
which extensions has been reviewed?

> also there is the possibility to rate extensions for everyone.
> maybe it would be more popular if there is a commenting/discussion thread
> for each extension (like for firefox-extensions)

Or if there was an option to sort by ratings or number of comments?

> And maybe we could get a better categorization/search-algorithm if
> everyone is allowed to tag an extension with his own keywords. there are
> a lot of extension which miss (the right) keywords.

I think it is important that extensions gets categorized from a
predefined list of categories
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extensionscategories etc.). Though
additional own keywords could be good thing as well.

/Stig