[TYPO3-dev] Over 2Million images rendering using GIFBUILDER (but not all at once...)

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Nov 6 13:51:00 CET 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:26 AM, Bartosz Aninowski wrote:

> Ries van Twisk pisze:
>> Bart,
>> below is my version.
>> two modifications from the origional
>> 1) It created sub directories for 3 levels
>> 2) it increases the length of the generated md5 to 16 characters.
>> What is the reason you also overload the function
>> imageMagickConvert,  and not the filename functions (mkdir,
>> gifBuild and filename)?
>
> We overloaded only imageMagickConvert.
> We did it with imageMagickConvert because it seemd to be easier.
> I wonder if your example will work, if you try to convert images
> with stdgraphic class for example in some custom extension.

Bartosz,

this is the TS I am using in my extension:

                 productImage = IMAGE
                 productImage.file = GIFBUILDER
                 productImage.file {
                         format = jpg
                         XY=[10.w],[10.h]
                         10 = IMAGE
                         10.file.import.field = tmpfile
                         10.file.maxW = 150
                         10.file.maxH = 296
                 }

And it's called like this : $img=$cObj -> IMAGE($TSconf);

Where TSconf is from : $this->conf['productImage.']

However,
you are right in saying that 'something' needs to happen in
t3lib_stdGraphic also.
Going to check that out (something with the pics dir I guess)

I like the method in gifbuilder because it's was 'easy'

Ries

> --
> Bartosz Aninowski
> typo(3)holics
> http://techblog.evo.pl/en/evo_nginx_boost-extension/ [Memcache Power
> for TYPO3]

			regards, Ries van Twisk

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk
Phone: +1-810-476-4196    Cell: +593 9901 7694                   SIP:
+1-747-690-5133