[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri Nov 6 09:43:22 CET 2009

Hey Joey,

that would be to cool.

I read in the wishlist that it should not modify the db-structure of
tagged/categorized records. That's also a must have in my eyes. Mads
Brunn tried to achieve this in his "categories" extension by creating a
fake TCEForm field named '*'. That was the only way to do at that time,
as it was not possible to remove this field again before TYPO3 did some
DB-Stuff with it and throwed errors of non existing DB-fields if you
used a 'real' fieldname AFAIK. So in order to do this more nicely then
using a fake field named '*' and of course allow this feature multiple
to be used times, the core needs to be changed, or let's say a new hook
needs to be implemented IIRC.

His extension (although not officially finished I think) might be worth
a look though.

Further suggestions:

Maybe SCOTTY should be service driven?

I think it should at least be modular, so that it can be easily extended
with other dynamic "tagging" features (maybe integrate a "official"
commenting or rating system into the framework etc that could be
accessed via the same api).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch