[TYPO3-dev] collaboration work & typoscript & svn

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Nov 5 08:34:24 CET 2009

Hey,

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer wrote:
> Hm, somehow I can't find any real advantage using
> files instead of database-records for typoscript-template data.

It's useful in a dev / production setup. You just copy your TS files,
delete caches, done (ideally). No fiddling with db anymore and template
records that might be scattered on your pages.

> It may be versionable, but in case of inclusion flexibility
> it seems kinda rough for me.

It's possible to just include a "fork" file that in turn includes all
other TS files. The 4.3 Template Analyzer also shows comments before and
after the content of included files in the template record that include
the file(s).

> I've also heard, that the object browser won't work anymore,
> if TS is included via files? Is this true?

The object browser *does* work with included files.

Regards
Christian