[TYPO3-dev] collaboration work & typoscript & svn

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue Nov 3 22:53:42 CET 2009

Michael Knoll wrote:
> Krystian Szymukowicz schrieb:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> I'd like to ask you if you could share your experience of how do you
>> do  collaborative work on bigger TYPO3 projects where more than one
>> person do the changes.
>>

> Hi Krystian,
>
> perhaps this article from Fabrizio Branca can help you a little:
>
> http://www.fabrizio-branca.de/fablog/post/why-typoscript-should-go-into-files.html

Many thanks for that Michael.

I've spend whole weekend moving my default TYPO3 installation based on
sys_template records to the version based on files. I've put all the
typoscript in two extensions "base" and "local" (which Peter Russ
refered to). Lots of fun with finding the best defaults for so much pieces.

But I have it now. "Typoscript based on files", coago performance
boosted my new TYPO3 base installation.

Thanks all for sharing their experience.

I hope that after some months as my experience in this matter will grow
up with some projects, I will share my thoughts in some article.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz