[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Tue Nov 3 12:21:24 CET 2009

Von:        Christian Kuhn <lolli at schwarzbu.ch>
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

> We have hacked up an extension to provide caching for plugin content
> elements, based on the 4.3 caching framework:

Hi Christian,

thanks for the hint.
I'd like to know some details, the key or some keyword where I'll find
it. Or do you have a newsletter where I can subscribe?

Best Regards
David

Just some additional Info for public:
- hashes in general are no garantee to have unique data, the shorter the
key the bigger is the chance to have different contents with the same
hash. (We had it in indexed_search before Dmitry extended the
hash-length in realUrl, so I remarked misbehavior in an Installation
with less than 1000 records in tt_news -> indexed_search returned wrong
content because two content-combinations of one page had the same hash)
- combining lots of modules increases the chance to have several
contents/combinations with the same hash.
- the bigger the amount of data, the higher the chance to to have
different pages with the same hash.