[TYPO3-dev] Discussion: Translate Page titles

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri May 29 12:31:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> I like hooks less because you need to have 4 (!) hooks to change the
> page title consistently. Probably more as you go on developing the
> feature. If it's to be a hook then only one in a central
> getPageTitleForDisplay() function.

it depends on the usage.
Hooks are good for adding user stuff. If hooks are needed to change
data, it shows that API isn't well by design.

In v4 we have the situation that we need to change without possibility
to change API, so it gets a bit a mixture.

For this case i also would like to have one hook in one central place,
shouldn't this happen in t3lib_browseTree where the sql happen?

vg Steffen