[TYPO3-dev] String keys in COA/COA_INT

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 28 17:20:37 CEST 2009

>>> The issue with case and
>>> naming isn't a technical problem. This is an issue that also exists
>>> with
>>>  variables in any programming language.
>>
>> I know but you are talking about the confusion that you don't know
>> what 10, 20 or so means but at least you know how to write it ;)
>> With strings as keys you know what you mean but you don't know how
>> to write it.
>
> I agree with Georg
>
> you will still have to find your object in the COA  to make shure you
> wrote it correctly. so it is less complicated to put comments and
> just have to write a number.

After all it's just about well structured template records.
Create different records, with proper naming and don't forget a description.
Then it will almost look like the stuff you want to add as a new "eature":

First record - named "My First Part"

temp.myFirstPart = COA
temp.myFirstPart {
  10 = TEXT
  10.value = blah
  20 = TEXT
  20.value = blah
}

Second record - named "My Second Part"

temp.mySecondPart = COA
temp.mySecondPart {
  10 = TEXT
  10.value = blah
  20 = TEXT
  20.value = blah
}

Third record - named "My Block of 2 Parts"
includes the first and the second record via "include basis template"

temp.myBlockOfParts = COA
temp.myBlockOfParts {
  10 < temp.myFirstPart
  20 < temp.mySecondPart
}

Ths way you can split up your template in smaller chunks that can easily be
handled.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian