[TYPO3-dev] String keys in COA/COA_INT

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Thu May 28 11:23:28 CEST 2009

Hello Georg,

Georg Ringer wrote:
> Rudy Gnodde schrieb:
>> Would it be an idea to allow string keys in COA and COA_INT? So
>> instead of "lib.foo.10 = TEXT" you could use "lib.foo.sometext = TEXT".
>
> don't like it
>
>> This would make it a lot less confusing when you override or add
>> things in certain branches of the tree.
>
> no it will things much harder!!
>
> because is it now called
> - lib.header or lib.head or lib.Header or lib.Head
>
> - lib.MainMenu.1stlevel or lib.MainMenu.FirstLevel or firstlevel
>
> lib.fo = COA
> lib.fo {
>  before = TEXT
>  before.value = <div
>
> or first = TEXT or even in German or any other language.
>

> this would make things so hard to remember. a number is fine and as
> already said, easy to fill something in between 2 existing cObjects
>
> I hope you get my point!
>
> Georg

I do get your point, but I don't agree with it. The issue with case and
naming isn't a technical problem. This is an issue that also exists with
  variables in any programming language.

Of course you shouldn't use "before" or "first". You should use things
that say something about what is in it like "newsHeader".

And, like I said, you could still use numbers if you prefer that.

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet